Why pick VCA to be your Skills Development Facilitator?
The purpose of the Skills Development Act of 1998 is to develop the skills of the South African workforce and to improve the quality of life of workers and their prospects of work. The Skills Development Levies Act of 1999 states that every employer must pay a skills development levy each month.
VCA offers Skills Development Facilitation Services for companies who pay Skills Development Levies, to ensure that they receive the financial and developmental benefits due by the applicable SETA’s. We will be able to assist your company with the following Skills Development services:
- Conduct an analysis of your company’s training requirements, identifying internal Skills Development needs;
- Ensure that your company is registered with the correct SETA – Compile and submit the Workplace Skills Plan Annual Training Report & Pivotal Report
- Consultation on the implementation of the Workplace Skills Plan and assist with the implementation of a training committee; and
- Identify and advise on all areas of concern to ensure your company complies with the current legislation. The annual deadline for these submissions is now 30 April each year.
- Claim a % of levies paid to SARS;
- By submitting a WSP/ATR, a company is granted access to Discretionary Grants for SETA- fundedSkills Development programmes which includes short courses, graduate placements andLearnerships;
- Grow your company and increase profitability through Skills Development;
- A Skills Development Plan is required for B-BBEE purposes. This is your chance to increase your B- BBEE score through the SD element of the scorecard;
- It contributes towards receiving certain tax rebates/ allowances for implementing Learnerships.