The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Disease Act provides a system of non-fault compensation for employees injured or who contract diseases during the course of their employment.
All employers who employ 1 or more employees are required to register with the Compensation fund and submit annual Return of Earnings to obtain an Letter of Good Standing, which enables employers and employees to claim funds for medical accounts from the Compensation Fund.
VCA can assist with the below:
- Registration at the Compensation Fund
- Assist with queries and reviews
- Sub-class changes
- Submit annual Return of Earnings to ensure a Letter of Good standing is issued
- Submit back dated Return of Earnings
- Register Injury on Duty claims
- Provide COIDA booklets and posters